In every house, there must be a handyman! For this reason, everyone must have their own booklet of DIY tips for the handymen of the house and we are going to tell you our best secrets and DIY tricks for the home.
Household Tool Box
To be a true home handyman, you cannot miss your toolbox. Depending on the degree of difficulty of your DIY work, you will need simpler or more complex tools, but there are always the basic ones that cannot be missing in your toolbox!
What Tools Can Not Be Missing In Your Toolbox?
- Screwdrivers, smooth and star tip, various sizes.
- Levelling ruler.
- Tape measure or meter.
- Electric drill.
- American tape.
- Allen wrench.
- Cutter or razor.
- Gloves and protective glasses.
- Different sizes of nails.
- Different screws for different surfaces: wood screws, ceiling screws, screws for metal surfaces, screws for exteriors, screws to support large loads, …
- Plastic plugs. Essential to complete your DIY work when you need to screw. The plastic plugs are the basic ones to complement all your screws and, of course, there are also different plastic plugs to buy, which you have to acquire to complete your toolbox.
How Should My Toolbox Be?
If you still do not have your toolbox, you must get yours to have all your tools in the same space. In this way, you will have everything at hand when you need it in your DIY work.
Before buying your toolbox, you have to know that the right size, easy opening and that it is well compartmentalized. If it is a toolbox on wheels, it will be much easier to handle and transport.
How To Raise And Start A DIY Job For The Home?
If we are faced with a simple DIY job such as putting a bookcase, it is enough that you have your basic tools at hand, such as the levelling ruler and the drill. For plastic screws and nails, you will need to identify the surface and determine what type of plastic screws and anchors you need.
This step is the same as the other DIY jobs you are going to face. The tools for its execution and, then, the appropriate plugs and screws for each project.
As you can see, it is easy to start DIY if you have a complete toolbox, the difficult thing, and this is where our secret lies, is to choose the screws and plastic plugs well, depending on the surface, project, objectives and price.